- This course must be taken on a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online. The following digital textbook for the Medical Terminology course are accessed via links in the lessons:
- Medical Terminology for Health Professions (eBook)
The following textbook, workbook, and codebooks will be shipped to you approximately 7-10 business days after enrollment in the Medical Billing Specialist course:
- Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide to Billing and Reimbursement, by Michelle A. Green.
- Workbook to Accompany Understanding Health Insurance: A Guide to Billing and Reimbursement, by Michelle A. Green.
- ICD-10-CM Expert for Physicians
- CPT Professional
- HCPCS Level II Professional
- CPB Certification Study Guide, from AAPC
The following access will be from your instructor once you begin the Certified Electronic Health Record Specialist course:
- You will receive an access code from your instructor to access your MOSS 3.0. MOSS 3.0 is the simulated EHR you will be using during the course for your assignments.
Please note: You will receive a digital book if the physical book is on backorder.