- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac. Chromebooks are not compatible.
For Required Lab Exercises:
- Access to a Linux server or Linux desktop/laptop is required for hands-on lab exercises. Access to a public cloud provider or VirtualBox on your machine is also needed. Lab exercises in this course have been tested in a GCP environment.
- If using a cloud provider like GCP or AWS, you should be able to complete the lab exercises using the free tier or credits provided to you. However, you may incur charges if you exceed the credits initially allocated by the cloud provider.
- PC: Windows 7 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.7 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox is preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word Online.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- Exams are delivered online, and Candidates must provide their computer with:
- Current version of Chrome or Chromium.
- Reliable internet access.
- All technical exam requirements should be tested and working prior to starting the exam.
- Candidates are not allowed to have other applications or browser windows running except the one on which the Exam is being shown.
- Candidates should run the compatibility check tool to verify that their hardware meets the minimum requirements.
Instructional Material Requirements:
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online.
There are no requirements to take the Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator Exam (LFCS) or Certified Kubernetes Administrator Exam (CKA) other than the skills needed to pass the certifications exams.